The Discovery Gym in Sandton, operated by the Sport Science Institute of South Africa, is seeking to employ a Floor Supervisor/ Receptionist on a contract basis from July to end November 2016. This position will require 25 hours per week according to a shift roster to perform the following duties:
- Be visible on the training floor, offer assistance to members who are training, check their technique and help them to understand their exercise programs as prescribed by the Exercise Consultant
- Ensure that safety rules are strictly applied on the floor and in the pool area
- Ensure that the exercise floor is kept neat and orderly throughout the day
- Open and/or close the Discovery Gym
- Manage reception facilities
- Assist in selling Discovery Gym contracts to potential members
The ideal candidate will:
- Have achieved a degree or diploma in Exercise/Sports Science Management or similar
- Have Group class instruction experience or qualification, eg. Spinning, Aerobics
- Have excellent people skills
- Have reliable transport
- Meet the requirements of our employment equity goals
- Previous experience or knowledge of the fitness industry will be an advantage.
Our operating hours are: Monday to Thursday 05h30 to 20h30 Friday 05h30 to 19h30 Closed on Saturdays and Sundays Please forward your C.V. to email@example.com, along with a clear letter covering all the points specified above before 15 July 2016. If not contacted by 27 July 2016, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.