REPSSA CPD Endorsement
If you are organising a courses, workshops, conferences or any event that you wish to seek REPSSA CPD endorsement for, please note the following. REPSSA is committed to supporting a wide range and availability of CPD, and we welcome all applications. REPSSA is autonomous and independent from all education and training providers and, once any application for CPD meets minimum requirements and standards it will be eligible for appropriate endorsements.
How do you apply for a course to be CPD endorsed?
In order to apply you simply need to click on the below link:
Once you have completed your online application an email will be sent to you with information on next steps required.
What’s needed for an application?
It is recommended before you apply online to have the below available:
- Name of organisation
- Title of training/programme/course
- Contact Name at the organisation
- Contact email address
- Facilitators Name/s
- Facilitators membership number (for the relevant professional body)
- Length of course in Hours (class contact hours)
- Accreditation number of organisation (if applicable) o Brief description of the training
- Objectives of the course o Lesson plan
- Main aims and learning outcomes
- Assessment criteria listed o Minimum admission requirements
- CV’s for all facilitators
Cost of registering a CPD Course
An annual fee per course submitted is R2000. The cost includes: Application fee (Non Refundable)
- Review of the course
- Inclusion of the course on the REPs “CPD endorsed” section of the website
- Listing on website for “upcoming events”
- Advertising in our News letter
- Once your CPD course has been REPSSA endorsed there will be an annual renewal fee
How is it evaluated?
How are CPD points allocated?
CPD courses and points will be assessed to the following criteria:
- The number of hours of the course
- The number of actual contact time (time spent with a facilitator)
- The assessments that are completed for the course
- The facilitators knowledge and experience in the subject
- If the facilitator is registered with a relevant Professional body
- The outcomes and objectives of the course
- The relevance of the material to the Fitness Professional
As a rough guideline (this is subject to change with reference to the above), points are awarded as follows:
- 1 point for every contact hour if assessed
- ½ point for every hour if no assessment over 1 day
- Facilitator/s must be a subject matter expert
How long will the process take?
Once REPSSA has received all required documents and payment the application will be submitted to an independent party for assessment. The process can take up to 3 weeks.